Saturday, August 23, 2008

First Grade Fun!!
















Walker is now a first grader. All summer I have been trying to get him excited for this new adventure, but he has adamantly refused to be excited. "I only like Kindergarten" he said. Well back to school night was on Wed. and we went to the school to meet his teacher and see his classroom. Earlier that week he had told me that he would want to sit up front in his classroom. I thought that was a smart comment. We got there and what do you know the desks are set up alphabetically. Walker is the last kid on the last row. He didn't seem too disappointed, but I was. So I asked the teacher if this was his permanent seat and she said they rotate. Thank goodness. His teacher seems nice. Walkers favorite part was seeing where his back pack hangs up. That night he picked out his clothes to wear, and of course didn't go to bed until 10:30. 7:30 came really early, but he was finally excited about one thing; riding his bike to school with his friends. Going to school with his friends and recess is all he talks about so far. Maybe first grade isn't so bad.

3 comments:

Cody & Melanie said...

Oh my word I could cry! I can't believe how big he is! I miss my baby walker! What a great kid he's turning out to be! I'm so excited for him! Hope your coping well! I bet it's a bit nice to only have one child through out the day!

Jen said...

What a day! I found you on facebook and blogspot. Now I can keep track of you.

Bobbie said...

I have also tracked you down! This is Bobbie. I hope you will contact me at antirustblf@aol.com

I love the pictures, they tell a thousand words.

Love you Mandy!