Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween

October is my favorite month of the year, and Halloween one of my favorite holidays. When I was a kid it always seemed like it took forever for it to get here, especially since I'd been planning my costume since the year before. Did it go that way way for any of you. The day of Halloween as you are putting on your costume you've been so anxious to show off you say" I really love this costume, but next year I'm going to be such and such." Maybe its just the anticipation and the joy of getting to be creative oh yea and all the candy was pretty fun too, but I think pretending to be something different than your every day you is always inticing.
This year my kids went with pretty traditonal costumes. Walker was a Skeleton and Shelby was a Witch. Walkers costume was homemade from black sweats and glow in the dark fabric paint. Sterling drew the bones and also painted Walkers face. I have a very talented husband.
We were able to grow one smallish pumkin in our garden this year, and we decided it was shaped very similar to an animated skull we have for decoration this time of year. Sterling got out his power tools and created a very awsome skull jack-o-lantern. We bought three others and Walkers was flame eyed, Shelbys was silly and mine was rotten and couldn't be carved. (oh well)
At 4:30 on halloween we did the Trunk or Treat our ward hosted and then went trick or treating to a really cool house one subdivision over. The owners have be collecting animated decorations for about 15 years and add to it every year. It's a really awsome display. Shelby did not want to go there and acutlly fell asleep in the car on the way over there. Is 7:00 to early? Nah! The rest of us enjoyed it though.
So Ster and Walker are still out collecting sugary goodness, Shelby is sleeping and I'm blogging. We have a good friend who turns 30 today, so we are going to a surprise party for him later. It's been a really fun Halloween. Hope you all had a Spooktacular Holiday!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I was wondering where you went. Shelby is getting so big. Very cute Halloween kiddo's, oh sorry and scary.

Bob and Marie said...

What cute kids..and a cute post. She is the cutest little witch I've ever seen! I'd love to know where the house is that you went to. We'll have to go there next year. Also, I wanted to know if I could order some Scentsy stuff from you. I'll give you a call on Monday. :)

Cody & Melanie said...

I love halloween too! It is so much fun once you have a child too!Max was the cutest turtle ever! Your kids looked awesome! Great job on the pumkins too!Shelby is so fetching cute! I love your post! Love you!

Unknown said...

Such cute costumes! I absolutely LOVE halloween too! Hey, speaking of Scentsy - my light burnt out in mine, do I just get one from the store, oh do I need to buy one from you?